Whooper Swan Reykjavik Sept 2012
Black-headed Gull Iceland Sept 2012
Red-necked Grebe at nest.
Wood Duck male. Part way through moult.
Mallard & young
White-tailed Deer fawn
Savannah Sparrow and water
Canada Warbler, playing hard to get
Dunlin on Nummys Island N.J.
Forsters Tern. Cape May
Snowy egret. Stone Harbour NJ
Piping Plover. Cape May N.J.
Common Tern. Cape May N.J.
Herring Gull. Cape May N.J.
Laughing Gulls. Cape May N.J.
Short-billed Dowitcher. Cape May. N.J.
Greater Yellowlegs. Cape May N.J.
Spring Red-necked Grebe. Note how far the feet are set back.
A pair of Red-necked Grebes. Hormones raging.
Blue Winged Teal. Magnolia Gardens S.C
Brant geese. Two fall migrants gone off course
Great Egret on it’s nest in Savannah GA.
Female Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Kingbird protesting being banded
There’s a juvenile Great Horned Owl in its nest between these bridge beams.
Great Egret Magnolia Gardens S.C
Greater yellowlegs and Solitary sandpiper
Green Heron. Magnolia Gardens S.C
- American Robin. Wintering safely in Arizona
Northern Mockingbird Desert Museum grounds, Nr Tucson
Black-necked Stilt and Least sandpipers Gilbert AZ Dec 6 2010
- American Redstart at Rondeau Provincial Park, Ontario.
A lucky shot of a fly-by Caspian Tern looking for the next meal.
- These 3 Killdeer were early spring arrivals. I’m not sure what they were up to other than gossiping
- Female or young male Red-breasted Merganser (hard to tell which)
- Male Red-breasted Merganser in late November
Ring-billed Gull with a tasty catfish. A good meal for a cold day – better fried though.
- Northern Mockingbird in St. Augustine Florida. December 2009